Surya Namaskar vs. Burpees: Which one is better?
01/4Burpees vs Surya namaskar
A demanding schedule is one of the major reasons why most people miss out their workout routine. And so when they find time to fit in a workout, they look for exercises that can help them target multiple muscles at one time and also have most from it. The idea is to gain maximum benefits in less amount of time. When talking about full-body exercises, what's better than burpees and Surya namaskar.
They are two complex no-equipment moves that target all the major muscles of the body. One is a major yoga asana and the other an incredible form of a home workout. But the question remains which one better and gives quick result?
02/4Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation)
Surya namaskar or sun salutation is a low-impact exercise (the traditional version), comprising of a sequence of 12 powerful yoga poses. Each round of sun salutation consists of 2 sets and each set is comprised of 12 asanas.
Sun salutation is an excellent cardio exercise that has a positive impact on your body as well as your mind. It is best done early in the morning on an empty stomach. Here are some benefits of doing Surya namaskar:
- It engages different parts of your body, which helps you get toned and flexible muscles.
- Practising Surya namaskar regularly boost your metabolism and accelerate the weight loss process.
- This yoga asana can help to control your blood pressure naturally and manage the problem of irregular heartbeats.
- Surya namaskar is not only beneficial for your body, but it is also good for your mind. It has a calming effect on your nervous system, which can help to calm your mood swings.
- It also beneficial for insomnia patients by relaxing and releasing tension.
- Suryanamaskar has various variations that you can do depending on the level you want to master.
Burpees, on the other hand, is a high-impact exercise composed of 4 basic moves. It requires fast body movement which promotes cardiovascular health. It is also a no-equipment exercise that can be done anywhere and at anytime. Here are some amazing benefits of doing burpees.
- Burpees is a high-intensity exercise that adds immense power to your legs, arms and other parts of the body.
- It accelerates your metabolism and helps you burn lots of calories in less amount of time.
- It boosts your endurance and improves coordination of muscles.
- It improves the capacity of your lungs and heart.
Sun salutation and burpees both are amazing full-body exercises. Both are good for the heart and help to torch lots of calories. But both have their limitations. Burpees is a high-intensity exercise, in which you will have to move quickly, if you are obese or have joints or bone issues then it not the right choice for you.
Yoga always helps to gain flexibility and tone your muscles. The same is with the sun salutation. The traditional suryanamaskar is a low-impact exercise, so anyone can master it with practice. However, if you aim to lose weight quickly, you must look at its aerobic variations that can help you in weight loss.